Level 4 Diploma in Business Management
The content of Level 4 Diploma in Business Management qualification is focused on managing communication, business organisations in a global context, people management, finance for managers as well as an understanding of the research skills and personal development expected of a manager. It includes a broad range of highly relevant business and management subject areas, making it ideal for those who have started, or are planning to move into, a career in private of public sector business. The programme allows learners to acquire knowledge and understanding in a range of topics and to develop key skills they require to work in Business Management roles.
For entry onto the OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Business Management qualification, learner must possess:
Level 3 Diploma or GCE/GCSE or equivalent overseas qualifications
Mature learners (over 21) with relevant work experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
English requirements: If the learner is not from a majority English-speaking country, they must provide evidence of English language competency. For more information visit English language expectations page.
OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Business Management consists of the following 6 mandatory units that provide a total of 120 credits:
- Study Skills (20 credits): enable learners to develop effective research plans, be able to identify areas of research process that needs attention and communicate outcomes.
- Business Context (20 credits): sets out for learners to gain understanding of the purposes of types of business organisations and develop an understanding of the dimensions of Business Environments.
- Introduction to Business Communication (20 credits): enhance learners’ business communication skills to enable them to operate confidently in the business world; enable learners to make persuasive presentations, negotiate convincingly, write reports solving strategic problems, write promotional material and enhance their skills of cross-cultural communication, their cultural awareness and their understanding of the role of languages in business.
- Introduction to Quantitative Methods (20 credits): provides a review of basic concepts from mathematics, namely calculus, matrix algebra and probability that need to be understood by all business learners; emphasis rests on understanding these concepts and being able to apply them to a wide variety of mathematical problems.
- Introduction to Business (20 credits): develop learners understanding of the types of businesses and to develop an appreciation of external influences on organisations such as the comparative environmental framework.
- Introduction to Finance (20 credits): considers the current regulations governing financial reporting, the formats of financial statements and the purpose of these statements for different users
Duration and Delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
Assessment and Verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, a learner must have successfully passed all learning outcomes for that unit.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learner’s overall achievement has been arrived at.
Upon successful completion of OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Business Management qualification learners will be eligible to gain entry into Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree or pursue a Level 5 Diploma in Business Management.