Level 5 Diploma in Business Management
The Level 5 Diploma in Business Management qualification is designed for learners to enhance their understanding of management in the context of general business. The qualification will give learners a theoretical understanding of management concepts and an overview of general business. It will equip learners to find employment with junior management prospects in general business or to continue professional or academic studies in a related area.
For entry onto the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Business Management qualification, learner must possess:
UK level 4 diploma or equivalent overseas qualification
Mature learners (over 21) with relevant work experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
English requirements: If the learner is not from a majority English-speaking country, they must provide evidence of English language competency. For more information visit English language expectations page.
OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Business Management consists of the following 6 mandatory units that provide a total of 120 credits:
- Human Resource Management (20 credits): introduction to the theory and practices related to an organisation's human resources; exposes learners to the components of human resource management (HRM) practices and to the skills of HRM through a range of case studies.
- Project Management (20 credits): provide understanding and skills relating to project management principles, methodologies, tools and techniques that are used in business.
- Marketing Management and Planning (20 credits): gives a detailed understanding of the marketing planning process and to apply these principles to a variety of business contexts; enables learners to develop a thorough understanding of how a comprehensive environmental analysis can lead to the development of appropriate objectives and strategies to enhance operational marketing performance.
- Financial Accounting (20 credits): develops the skills needed to prepare Financial Statements which comply with legal and regulatory requirements for a variety of organisations using a range of techniques.
- Business Law (20 credits): develop learners understanding of the concepts and principles of business law and the ability to apply them to practical situations.
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Governance (20 credits): provides a broad understanding of the roles and requirements for businesses to embed ethics and incorporate social responsibility, an understanding of the issues surrounding corporate social responsibility and ethics from national and international perspectives; significant emphasis is placed on the role that corporate governance plays in ensuring accountability to the owners and other stakeholders in the firm.
Duration and Delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
Assessment and Verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, a learner must have successfully passed all learning outcomes for that unit.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learner’s overall achievement has been arrived at.
Upon successful completion of OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Business Management qualification learners will be eligible to gain entry into the final year of Bachelor’s degree or pursue a Level 6 Diploma in Business Management.